Department Responsibilities (As approved by the General Board on May 10, 1994.)
- Give guidance and assistance in the planning of the worship services of the congregation, including the order of service, ushering, music, preparation and service of communion, shut-in communion, and baptismal services.
- Encourage a program of personal devotional life and worship within the various organizations of the congregation.
- Recommend to the General Board any change in policy concerning the use of musical instruments belonging to the church and see that a program of tuning and maintenance is provided for these intruments.
- Interpret, where necessary, the policies concerning the use of the sanctuary, remembering always that it is basically a place of worship and not a public auditorium.
- Give guidance and direction in the planning of special services of worship, particularly as they relate to the seasons of the year and the church calendar.
Submit a proposed budget for this department.
Chairperson: Kay Denniston
- Judy Morris
- Linda Herzog
- Margaret Honaker
- Minnie Fryman
- Patty Caswell
- Sharon Wagoner
- Sue McCracken
- Susan Williams