Many things happen around and through the church which most do not see or know about. Let’s take a brief tour to discover some of those wonderful things.
- We assisted a co-worker of a member who needed help with rent. The co-worker has a child with a disability who requires constant supervision.
- We raised $4,875 for Week of Compassion designated for Hurricane Harvey relief this past Sunday.
- The work on the front steps are reaping amazing results. We had no idea what bad shape they were in. The cost of restoring them is coming in at about $5,000 less than we expected.
- Travis Cook and Sav-a-Lot in Cynthiana are selling us food and cleaning supplies at a discount for our great give away on September 24th during Community Fun Day.
- We will have hosted a gathering of over 30 ministers along with the boards of Operation Food Basket, The Well and the Medical Outreach Committee, on Thursday to revitalize the Bourbon County Ministerial Association. The even will be funded by the Swinford Fund.
- We hosted the Community Action Council vendor and health fair in our parking lot a couple of weeks ago.
- Jeff Bryant is providing us banners through Lynn Imaging where he works at a seriously discounted price. Thanks Jeff.
- Before we even asked, a member stopped by the church last week and made a very generous donation to the Week of Compassion for Hurricane Harvey victims.
- There is an ongoing evaluation of our physical plant by the Property Committee led by Jerry Price. Thanks to Jerry and his committee.
- Before long we will begin a capital funds campaign for property needs.
- Worship teams are in place for Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas.
- Jim Lovell will lead a worship team for a Sunday in October, to focus on the mental health needs of people.
- Last Sunday, in one way or another, we were asking you to support five different over and above causes.
- Seats and Feets
- Week of Compassion
- Operation Food Basket
- Stuff the bus
- Operation Back Pack
We believe it is o.k. to do this because each person will make their own decision what to support and at what level. No one is being pressured to “do it all.”
- We will have a “world class” face painter at our Community Fun Day.
- Tracy and Bob Parker will be grandparents again soon.
- I have been invited to be interviewed on 90.7 The Wind on Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. about our Community Fun and Outreach Day.
- Bersain Barlow, Karson Hagan and Cameron Smart are all preparing with The Bourbon County Marching Colonels for competitions this fall.
- R.W.Collins met a husband and wife at Goodyear where their car had broken down. They were admiring our church from the parking lot. He brought them to the church and helped give them a tour. They were so appreciative, that they sent a note back to us when they arrived home.
- Thanks to Harry and Carrol Callebs for preparing and serving the meal for the ministerial association on Thursday and for those who came to help them serve and clean up.
- Our worship on Sunday September 24th, will be a hymn sing and communion. We will be out by 11:30 to prepare for the Community Fun Day.
Moving to the deeper places,