“Sow for yourselves the good seeds of righteousness, and reap the fruit of my unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for NOW is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower salvation upon you.” Hosea 10:12
Department Responsibilities (As approved by the General Board on May 10, 1994.)
- Develop a program to educate the members of the church concerning the need for outreach concern as a vital part of the life of the church.
- Keep the congregation informed of outreach programs and needs in order that the members will not only know the way the church is involved in sharing the Gospel but will come to appreciate the opportunity the church has to extend its witness through the challenge of the Great Commission.
- Plan a program of outreach education for the entire year highlighting the many phases of local, regional and general outreach ministries.
- Develop a program to promote the special outreach offering and recommend to the General board the division of these special offerings and any other outreach monies which are undesignated.
- Submit a proposed budget for this department.
Chairperson: Ellen Cook
Members: Kay Denniston & Myra Miller