Years ago, at another church, a woman in her 50’s said to me, “I have been in the church all my life and do not feel that I know enough about the faith.” That led to the creation of the Basics of the Faith Class. In truth, there are many subleties and insights that makes this a really good class for anyone at any stage of faith development. The particular target are people who are new to the faith, new to the church or who have not attended any sort of Bible study for many years. The study includes:
- Faith as relationship
- What are the essential questions of the faith?
- What is prayer and how should we pray?
- What is Christian worship and why do we worship the way we do?
- What is Christian baptism and what is the meaning of the Lord’s Supper (Communion, Eucharist, etc.)
- All about the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and First Christian Church.
- A tour of the church building and a possible tour of Operation Food Basket and The Well.
The class is offered over about six sessions more or less during Sunday School and occasionally in the evening. Please contact Rev. Jeff Bell for more information or to register.